Primary Operational Objectives:
This position works under the direction of the Safety & Quality Manager, providing services to both residential and commercial customers. This position will be responsible for pro-actively monitoring installed landscapes and educating our clients about best practices including diagnosis of plant problems, watering needs throughout the season and monitoring and adjusting the irrigation system. This position will also have warranty administrator duties.
Essential Job Functions – Quality Assurance:
• Monitors landscape installation to ensure correct planting and irrigation techniques are utilized.
• Proactively monitor installed landscapes for proper maintenance and care by either the client or our in-house maintenance.
• Adjust irrigation needs/requirements at properties as needed.
• Communicate with supervisors to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
• Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs.
• Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
• As needed, assist in maintenance and upkeep of company equipment.
• Promote all other aspects of the company including commercial and residential services, including assisting in customer sales as needed. Draft quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Interpret and implement quality assurance standards.
• Monitor soils at snow removal sites for high levels of salt and coordinate with managers to dilute/clean as needed.
• Monitors winter watering.
• Educate homeowners and clients about water usage and proper maintenance of landscapes as needed.
• Determine supplemental watering needs (winter watering, drought) on Timberline constructed properties, while continually educating the clients as to the importance.
• Coordinate with PHC Manager Schedule for winter watering of sites.
• Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions.
• Conducts pre-walks and final punch lists of projects.
• Conducts spot checks.
Essential Job Functions – Warranty:
• Responsible for Warranty and Customer Service correspondence.
• Working knowledge of warranty claim inspection and investigation best practices.
• Responsible for investigating customer requests, monitoring the completion of service work and resolving discrepancies between the intended service and actual work.
• Address incoming warranty calls through onsite evaluation, client follow up and determination of warranty responsibility.
• Schedule and manage warranty replacements.
• Maintain accurate and timely records/files of service requests, email communication.
• Education: BS in Horticulture or Irrigation or 5 years’ field experience
• Experience in Residential and/or Commercial Warranty work and/or Construction Management.
• Possess a working knowledge of lawn care products and common lawn/plant problems. Product or industry specific experience.
• Must have a professional manner and appearance that enhances the company’s reputation. Must wear company approved uniform.
• Must be able to read, write and speak basic English.
• Ability to work independently, to be assertive and negotiate “win-win” situations to resolve issues.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
• Ability to interact with various types of internal and external customers.
• Work successfully in a team environment.
• Must be willing to do things outside of your job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
• A valid Colorado driver’s license without a history of violations is required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Occasionally lift/move up to 100 lbs.
• At a minimum, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pulling of weeds, control of hand tools and small to medium sized machinery.
• This job is an indoor/outdoor job which will require time spent at a desk environment using a computer as well as exposure to unknown weather conditions.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Title: Quality Assurance Coordinator
Reports to: Quality & Safety Manager
Department: Safety & Quality
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
Experience: 3+ years of experience in landscaping industry
Career Level: Non-manager, exempt
Salary: 40,000 – 55,000 DOE
Hours: FT 40 – 45 hours per week
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (per ACA guidelines)
• Life/AD&D Insurance
• Paid time off
• 401K Investment plan