Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a little bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services- landscape design, construction, and maintenance.
The Landscape Project Manager is responsible for managing projects to meet or exceed our client’s expectations and serves as the face of the company for varying projects throughout the year. The Project Manager is also responsible for oversight of his/her projects, tracking of change orders and timely submission of financial data, leading and managing employees, and employee development and safety.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and comprehend proposals, estimates and project design documents (plans, specifications, submittals, testing requirements) for assigned projects.
• Participate in all necessary pre-job planning, post job follow up to help ensure that projects can proceed smoothly and efficiently that are closed out effectively.
• Actively communicate expectations and goals to all team members to ensure quality expectations are being met and exceeded.
• Actively prepare and utilize proper scheduling to anticipate and accommodate manpower, equipment, and material needs.
• Regularly track project performance to analyze the successful completion of goals, including ensuring employees’ time records are accurate and approved in a timely manner.
• Evaluate all job costs on a weekly basis to meet budgetary objectives and adjust costs according to project constraints.
• Ensure timely submission of all paperwork including change requests and job progress reports so that receivables are current.
• Ensure customers are completely satisfied through effective communication, relationship building, and regular site visits and/or construction meetings.
• Participate in helping build a productive, cohesive team of employees through excellent hiring practices, training, coaching, and mentoring.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines.
• Provide oversight to all contracts to ensure that times are within budget and employee time records are an accurate reflection of crew assignments.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers, and the general public while ensuring the work is done efficiently.
• Positive attitude with a professional demeanor and appearance, team-oriented, and a strong role model for ethical conduct and integrity.
• Mobilize the snow removal crews as well as visiting all sites to ensure quality expectations and specifications have been met or exceeded.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Horticulture, Project Management, or related field (or a minimum of four years landscape construction experience).
• Customer service experience.
• Proven leadership abilities with experience in crew management on commercial sites.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong time management, project management, and organizational skills.
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook; and the aptitude to grasp new computer programs.
• Valid Colorado driver’s license with a safe driving record, which must be maintained.
• Strong work ethic.
DESIRED QUALITIES TO INCLUDE:
• Bi-lingual Spanish.
• Certifications in Landscape Construction.
PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (must ask for help when lifting over 50 pounds).
• This job, at times, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, control of hand tools, and other work associated with landscaping.
• Location: Colorado Springs
• Reports To: Construction Manager
• Supervises: Commercial Foremen & Laborers
• Experience: 1-5 years of progressive experience
• Career Level: Manager (exempt)
• Education: NA
• Salary: DOE $45,000 to $60,000.00
o Health insurance as per ACA guidelines
o Life/Accidental death insurance
o Dental/Vision insurance
o Paid time off
o Profit sharing
o 401K Investment plan