Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a Little Bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services from landscape design, construction and maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Primary Operational Objectives:
This position is primarily responsible for professional service of our clients’ landscapes with our comprehensive plant health care program. This employee oversees a crew of PHC professionals, organizing and directing the team’s work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading crew in general tree/plant care.
• Direct team in executing the PHC Manager’s schedule and other instructions
• Conduct complete tree, lawn and shrub care, including insect and disease control, fertilization.
• Proper application of a variety of lawn and tree care products; fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, pesticide products. Must have an applicator’s license or in the processing of obtaining it.
• Safe handling and use of all chemicals.
• Accurate and timely completion of required paperwork.
• Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record and drug screening.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Demonstrated proficiency with products and techniques used to maintain plant health.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations when mixing chemicals.
• Ability to manage projects according to contract, on time, and on budget.
• Must be able to interact with customers in a professional manner.
• Safe securement of equipment and materials during transport.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
• Demonstrate dependability and efficient work practices.
• Must be able to read and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak, read and write English.
• Must be willing to do things outside of your job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
• Department of Agriculture Qualified Supervisor (QS) most desirable.
• Highly desirable, ISA Arborist Certification, NALP Certified Technician or Lawn Care Technician.
• Bilingual in Spanish, highly desirable.
• B.S. in Horticulture or related field.
• 5+ years of experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• This position is primarily an outdoor job which will require working hours outside in all temperatures and weather conditions.
• Long pants, long sleeved shirts required due to the nature of spraying chemicals.
• The position requires bending, stooping, reaching, crawling, walking and lifting.
• Technician should be comfortable with, and have physical and manual dexterity to operate hand tools and small – medium sized machinery and should be comfortable working with digging equipment/tools.
• Occasional exposure to dust, grease, noise and chemical vapors – PPE is provided, and company logoed apparel must be worn.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (must ask for help above 50 lbs.)
Position Title: Plant Health Care Technician
Position Reports to: PHC Manager
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Career Level: FT / Non-manager (non-exempt)
Salary: Hourly rate $16 – $25/ DOE
Benefits: (Per company eligibility)
Paid time off
401K Investment plan