If you enjoy working with your hands, spending your working day outdoors and enjoy hard work, this is the position for you! Construction Technicians make up the core of Timberline. Construction Technicians work with a team on landscape projects to ensure client satisfaction, utilizing their training and skills to present excellent landscapes that are the best of Colorado Springs. During the winter season, employee will be available to work snow removal and/or Christmas Décor, installation of holiday lighting for both commercial and residential properties.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Landscaping Crew
o Assist with grading of site
o Installation of plant material and/or sod
o Installation of aggregate material and/or edging
o Installation of retaining walls, patios and/or walkways
o Installation of rock, mulch, pavers, water features
o Reading and execution of landscape design plan
o Installation of irrigation pipe, wire, valves
o Assembly and installation of irrigation heads and drip systems
• Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record OR have reliable transportation to/from office and/or job site.
• Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record and drug screening.
• Must be able to interact with customers in a professional manner.
• Secure all materials and equipment needed, keep in good condition.
• Must be punctual, responsible and have a positive, can-do attitude.
• Demonstrate dependability and efficient work practices.
• Must be able to read and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak, read and write English. Bilingual in Spanish, highly desirable.
• Must be willing to do things outside of your job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Laborers spend most of their working hours outside in all temperatures and weather conditions.
• The position requires bending, stooping, reaching, crawling, walking and lifting.
• Laborers should be comfortable with, and have physical and manual dexterity to operate hand tools and small – medium sized machinery and should be comfortable working with digging equipment/tools.
• Occasional exposure to dust, grease, noise and chemical vapors – PPE is provided.
• Ability to move and/or lift over 50 lbs.
Position Title: Landscape Technician
Position Reports to: Construction Crew Leader
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Experience: No experience required
Career Level: FT / Non-manager (non-exempt)
Education: High school diploma/GED preferred or equivalent and relevant job experience
Salary: Hourly rate starts at $13.00 – $15.00 / DOE, Assistant Crew Leaders $15.00 – $16.00
Benefits: (Per company eligibility)