Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award-winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a little bit of Heaven” for over 35 years. We offer a full range of services from commercial and residential landscape design/build to complete grounds maintenance.
Construction crew leaders are responsible for leading crews on all sorts of landscaping projects. They distribute instructions throughout the team, communicate with the Project Manager, and ensure completion of the job from start to finish according to the SOW.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review and understand scope of work with Project Manager.
• Understand project design, and documents, i.e. plans and specs.
• Understand any unique materials and/or methods may be used on projects.
• Participate in pre-job planning with Project Manager to help ensure that projects can proceed smoothly and efficiently.
• Understand expectations and goals communicated from Project manager.
• Understand project scheduling.
• Participate in assessing equipment needs and preferences to optimize efficiency according to conditions and situation.
• Accurately report project production to Project Manager.
• Accurately document your team’s time.
• Conduct daily team huddles to organize specific assignments to team members, discuss safety, assign specific tasks, communicate production goals.
• Communicate changing conditions and arising challenges thoroughly with Project Manager.
• Ensure quality expectations are defined, understood, and are being met and exceeded.
• Ensure that customers are completely satisfied through effective communication, relationship building and regular site visits as well as the ability to develop customer rapport.
• Build a productive, cohesive team through training, coaching, and mentoring.
• Actively participate in cooperative planning and coordination with Project Managers and other teams.
• Understand the need for and exhibit the ability to adapt to meet critical deadlines.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers, and the public while ensuring the work is done efficiently.
• Positive attitude with a professional demeanor and appearance, team oriented, and a strong
role model for ethics and integrity.
• Exhibit a professional and capable presence with clients.
• Delegate tasks to team member based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels with the goal of promoting growth and advancement amongst your team and companywide.
• Use and continually develop leadership skills.
• Other duties when assigned.
• This job requires a uniform and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as adherence to all safety rules and policies
• Must be punctual, responsible and have a positive attitude
• Must be self-driven and reliable
• Must be able to interact with customers in a professional manner
• Must be able to read and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals
• Experience in commercial landscaping or landscaping maintenance
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
• Proven track record of managing a crew
• Creative, pro-active problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to inspire others to their full potential
• Responsible for maintaining and the upkeep of company equipment
• Valid Colorado Driver’s License
• Experience driving trucks and trailers and operating landscape equipment
• Must have, or be able to obtain in the first year, a Landscape Industry Certified (LIC) certification
• Must attend training and/or seminars
• Must have technical experience operating a smart phone and/or computer
PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
• This is an outdoor job with exposure to adverse weather conditions
• This job, at a minimum, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, control of hand tools and small to medium sized machinery
• Exposure to bloodborne pathogens is predominately found with Mow Crews assigned to city parks