Primary Operational Objectives:
If you enjoy working with your hands, spending your working day outdoors, consider a career as an irrigation technician! This position performs skilled work in the design, installation and maintenance/repair of irrigation systems.
Specific Job Details:
During the winter schedule (Oct – Feb) Irrigation Techs will support snow removal/plowing crews, in addition to installation of Holiday lighting through Christmas Décor for commercial and residential customers.
Experience Level Begins – 2 years of irrigation installation and/or irrigation maintenance
- Assists field personnel with diagnosing and troubleshooting irrigation related problems
- Attends project site inspection/walkthroughs with Account Managers. Formulates detailed punch lists.
- Installs and troubleshoots diverse types and models of irrigation controllers, including electrical troubleshooting of all the system components.
- Maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots numerous sizes/ types of control valves.
- Maintain detailed records of maintenance activities, completed work orders and customer billing.
- Must be proficient in the following specific skills:
o Knowledge of repairing Poly & PVC pipe
o Basic head valve, repair, replace, adjust (spray, gear, impact)
o Basic controller programming
o Copper soldering
o Backflow Repair (poppet, bonnet)
o Residential blowouts
o Repairs irrigation mainlines
o Rain sensor setup & operation
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record and drug screening.
- Maintain positive client relations and answer on-site client questions.
- Secure all materials and equipment needed, keep in good condition.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate dependability and efficient work practices.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Keep current with emerging industry trends through continued education (CE) requirements.
- Ability to speak, read and write English. Bilingual in Spanish, highly desirable.
- Must be willing to do things outside of your job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Irrigation technicians spend most of their working hours outside in all temperatures and weather conditions.
- The position requires bending, stooping, reaching, walking and lifting especially when maintaining in-ground irrigation systems.
- Technicians should be comfortable with, and have physical and manual dexterity to operate heavy equipment and use of digging tools (backhoes, dump trucks, front end loaders, small and large trenchers, shovels, augers). Irrigation systems can sometimes be buried underground and must be excavated to be maintained, technicians should be comfortable working with digging equipment/tools.
- Exposure to dust, grease, noise and chemical vapors – PPE is provided.
- Ability to move and/or lift over 50 lbs.
Benefits: (Per company eligibility)
Paid time off
401K Investment plan