Timberline Landscaping, Inc. is an award winning company serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, “Creating a little bit of Heaven” for 35 years. We offer a full range of services- landscape design, construction, and maintenance.
This position will include providing services to both residential and commercial customers through tree care. Arborists specialize in maintaining trees to ensure they are healthy, safe, and in an attractive condition. In addition, when tree removal is required, the Arborist will ensure its safe and efficient removal.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Repairs, braces, cables, and prunes trees and other woody plants
• Record and document work performed, including pictures and paperwork as applicable
• Assists in maintaining tree inventory records
• Ability to identify tree species
• Identifies potentially hazardous trees and other tree-related problems
• Will perform snow removal and Christmas Décor’ division as needed
• Assist in maintenance and upkeep of company equipment
• Other functions as assigned
• Calm and competent dealing with heights
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must wear company approved uniform
• Must be able to speak, read, and write basic English
• 2+ years of experience in climbing and pruning/removal
• Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record, MVR, and drug screen (includes marijuana)
• Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment
• Self-starting initiative to pursue improvements and projects without substantial supervision
• Valid drivers license
DESIRED QUALITIES TO INCLUDE:
• ISA Certified Arborist, ISA Certified Tree Worker
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Working knowledge of tree care products and common tree problems
• Experience applying a variety of tree care products: fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides
PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (must ask for help above 50 lbs.)
• This job, at minimum, requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, control of hand tools, and pulling of weeds
• This position is primarily an outdoor job which will require working hours outside in all temperatures and weather conditions.
• This job requires climbing to high heights, and dealing with hazards associated with climbing.
• Employee should be comfortable with, and have physical and manual dexterity to operate hand tools and small – medium sized machinery and should be comfortable working with digging equipment/tools.
• Location: Colorado Springs
• Reports To: Arboriculture Manager
• Supervises: None
• Experience: 2+ years
• Career Level: Non-manager (non-exempt)
• Education: ISA Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist certification required
• Salary: $16 – $25/hour DOE
o Health insurance as per ACA guidelines
o Life/Accidental death insurance