CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Account Management Intern will support the core functions of our maintenance account management team. The intern will gain real-world paid experience by taking on assigned responsibilities in account management to sharpen core skills. The intern will also spend about 20% of their time rotating through other departments to learn how their core responsibilities helps make the business successful. This position will run for approximately 90 days during the summer of 2020, depending on the accepted candidate and variables such as graduation date. The successful candidate will be energetic, skilled in building client relationships and maintaining properties, and a self-starting individual looking to utilize their business or horticulture-related college education to work at the next level within the field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with overall oversight of portfolio properties.
• Understand and assist in the estimating process.
• Support quality expectations in field operations.
• Communicate with clients and customers to help ensure complete satisfaction.
• Participate in regular site visits to ensure quality and contract expectations are being met.
• Assist with billing and paperwork.
• Support account managers in the negotiation of contract renewals.
• On occasion, participate in field work to be involved in a hands-on capacity in your portfolio management process.
• Support other functional departments as a supplement to the internship; such as Accounting, Human Resources, Technology, Quality Assurance, Sales, Estimating, and operational business units.
• Must, at minimum, currently be in junior year of college to be considered.
• Bachelor’s (or meet the criteria above) in either Business Administration, Horticulture, or relevant college coursework and experience. An emphasis or minor in any of the above areas will also be considered.
• Effective communication skills; including writing, routine correspondence, reports, presenting to employees, and interpersonal communication.
• Excellent with technology and software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, professional references, criminal record, and drug screen (includes marijuana).
• Leadership, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills (including the handling of multiple priorities and deadlines).
• Effective organizational skills that includes the ability to self-manage work.
• Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Self-starting initiative to pursue improvements and projects without substantial supervision.
DESIRED QUALITIES TO INCLUDE
• Landscaping industry experience.
• Construction industry experience.
• Experience in horticulture and/or outdoor fields.
PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Office environment with field exposure, about 80/20.
• Occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs, above 50 pounds required to ask for help.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Position Title: Account Management Intern.
Reports To: Account Managers.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or at least junior year.
Experience: None required.
Career Level: Temporary, Intern
Wage: Hourly, $15.50 – $17 DOE
Length: Approximately 90 days during the summer of 2020.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/E-Verify/Drug free workplace
8110 Opportunity View, Colorado Springs, CO 80939
Apply online, download the application, or come in and fill out an application today!