Primary Operational Objectives:
This position is responsible for business development and sales across multiple business units, dependent upon identified growth areas. This role partners with business unit leaders and estimating team to meet the needs of a variety of commercial and residential customers. This will include meeting with potential customers, building strategic relationships, and preparing sales presentations.
• Determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
• Generate and follow up on sales leads, make sales, and achieve sales goals set by management.
• Foster new relationships with potential customers, including making cold calls and pursuing initial meetings.
• Present, promote, and sell products/services using convincing communication to both current and potential clients.
• Perform site analyses that include the assessment of current plants, soil conditions, slope/grade, lighting, the view, and architecture style of the property.
• Coordinate sales efforts with marketing strategy.
• Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of both present and potential clients to meet their expectations.
• Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
• Communicate exceptionally well with prospects, clients, vendors, and coworkers.
• Speak confidently when presenting projects, complete with plans and associated documents.
• Prepare monthly reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Business, horticulture, or related sales experience.
• A knowledge of or experience in landscaping and horticulture fields.
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
• Sales experience a must, as well as proven success in sales.
• Exceptional ability to negotiate and close sales.
• Experience selling to competitive advantage.
• A ‘customer experience’ driven mind set
• Self-starting initiative to pursue sales without the prompting of management.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
• An understanding of materials and labor costing.
• Keep current with relevant software, professional training, and cutting-edge tools of the profession.
• Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a keen sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Must speak fluent English.
• Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record, and drug screening.
• Must be willing to do things outside of job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Fast-paced, fun and casual office environment.
• Must be flexible with schedule to accommodate client needs.
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and lift/move up to 30 lbs.
• Walking, bending, twisting, reaching, crawling, stretching and standing on occasion is required.
• Job is partly an indoor office setting. The other part of the job is spent out-of-office in sales meetings/pitches, client site meetings, visiting vendors, and evaluations. This will require that you be outdoors.
Position Title: Business Development & Sales
Position Reports to: Chief Strategic Officer
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Experience: Degree in Business, Marketing, or related sales experience (landscape sales a plus)
Career Level: Non-manager/full-time/exempt
Salary: Base salary plus commission (no caps!)
Benefits (Per company policy):
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Life/AD&D Insurance
• Paid time off
• 401K Investment plan