Timberline is seeking two full-time Landscape Designer interns this summer. Send your resume to employment(at)timberlinelandscaping(dot)com. Here is an overview of some of what interns will be involved with:
- Use creativity and the beauty of nature to design a harmonious, aesthetically pleasing and functional areas; such as lawns, walkways, outdoor living space, and more.
- Follow up on sales leads, make sales, and achieve sales goals set by management.
- Present, promote, and sell products/services using convincing communication to both current and potential clients.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of both present and potential clients to meet their expectations.
- Communicate exceptionally well with clients, vendors, and coworkers.
- Perform site analyses that include the assessment of current plants, soil conditions, slope/grade, lighting, the view, and architecture style of the property.
- Research topics such as plant health and their ability to survive within our climate, guidelines, and codes.
- Review and understand plans, proposed changes, and any other necessary documents.
- Speak confidently when presenting projects, complete with plans and associated documents.
- Oversee the progression of the project to ensure that plans are on pace for on-time completion.
- Generate CAD designs, drafting plans, construction details, hand renderings, and digital 3D models.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are without error.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working on or has Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Design, Construction Management, or related landscape design experience and coursework
- At minimum, a junior or senior within undergraduate program
- AutoCAD experience a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A basic understanding of materials and labor costing.
- Knowledge of how ecological conditions can affect a proposed design.
- Raw talent for sketching and drawing. Though computer programs are used for most plans, the candidate should still be able to create realistic drawings by hand.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a keen sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Must have reliable transportation as travel will be required.
- Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record, and drug screening.
- Must be willing to do things outside of job description. All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Fast-paced, fun and casual office environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule to accommodate client needs.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and lift/move up to 30 lbs.
- Walking, bending, twisting, reaching, crawling, stretching and standing on occasion is required.
- Job is partly an indoor office setting. The other part of the job is spent out-of-office in sales meetings/pitches, client site meetings, visiting vendors, and evaluations. This will require that you be outdoors.